Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Choose To Live

Nothing less than a miracle from your prayers.  Today I am walking out of the Cancer Institute cancer free!  Goodness, there is power in the blood!  Power in the prayer of His people.  He is able.
Good news!

Three months of life has been engulfed in a 5 cm mass.  It has captured my thoughts, movement, being.  It has been the center of our lives. Why was this lime size ball of mutated cells in our lives?  But it was. This sarcoma taught us more than we could ever read in a book, a conference, or really any other way.  It taught us how to love people better.  It taught us how to seek the Lord with all our hearts.  It taught us how show kindness and compassion.  It taught us how to be grateful.  It taught us to be intentional.

"Now I speak from want; for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am."
Philippians 4:11

And it will teach us how to love without fear.  How to trust with all our hearts .  How to minister well.  How to believe He is who He says He is.  How to not worry about tomorrow.
PET Scan Day in January 

"For this reason I say to you, do not be anxious for your life...." 
Matthew 6:25a

Cancer is mean.  It comes and leaves your body scarred. It steals, tries to kill, and destroys your physical body.  But only God, can take the hard and yucky cancer for His glory.  

"Jesus answered and said to him, 'What I do you do not realize now, but you shall understand hereafter."
John 13:7

So I must choose to live.  To love.  To lift.  To hug.  To send.  To go.  To listen.  To be at peace. To live fearlessly and love recklessly in Him.  To Spin...Oh, I can't wait to be back at Glover Fitness and wearing jeans!  

"The thief comes only to steal, and kill, and destroy; I come that they might have life, and might have it abundantly."
John 10:10

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.  We are not the same because of the way you loved us.  
The cards, shirts, gift cards, meals, visits, post cards, texts, phone calls, and the time sitting in the waiting room or our living room will never be forgotten.  I have the scars to remind me every single day of your kindness.  


Oh, The prayers.  The prayers are what held us together and got us to this day of praise and will give us the courage to be strong and courageous as we believe the cancer will stay away.  
Me making him do what he hates- Googling stuff!

"But as for me, I shall sing of Thy strength;
Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Thy lovingkindness in the morning,
For Thou hast been my stronghold,
And a refuge in the day of my distress."
Psalm 59:16

So here's the plan: sit tight and heal.  I still have quite a ways to go.  I go back May 26 for a follow up appointment.  The doctor said we would do these regular 3 month appointments for awhile.   It's sarcoma so the next 12-24 months will be really important.  Sarcoma likes to come back.  He said we would talk later about pet scan timing. The doctor is a man of few words.  We just trust the Lord.  

Specific ways to pray if the Gasaway’s come to mind:
-my healing.  I still have quite a few weeks before I am totally mended inside and out. Praying it mends well and right.  And infection continues to stay away!! 
-12-24 month window is crucial.  Pray for my body to stay clear of cancer cells.  For Sarcoma to be gone for good!!
-Fear and anxiety to stay away! 

"It is the living who give thanks to Thee." Isaiah 38:9
Thank you, Lord.  It is well.

1 comment:

  1. Happy tears flowing as I read this. God is so good. It filled my heart to know of your progress. Will continue to lift you up for continued good healing and for the evil cancer cells to be totally gone forever. You and your family are always in my heart. The time we had you all here was a special time for me and I thank God for that time. I know you are strong but I also know how scary cancer is as I have lived thru it for myself and for Ken. Hang on to Matt. 6:25 because it was written for you. Sending this with hugs for you and love for all.

    ReplyDelete