Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer Fun! or maybe craziness??

I can't believe this summer is winding down already!  I heard some friends of ours call it the 'summer that wasn't.'  That makes me laugh because this summer has defeated all "normal" thoughts of summer.  It's been good, though.  I have stood in awe of God's ways all summer long.

The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.
Psalm 126:3


This past week was extra crazy, to say the least.  I feel like we were on a roller coaster ride all week!
It was just a few hours after I finished my blog last week that I heard the news of the reporter in St. Louis.  The reporter was out for a morning run along the Mississippi River.   He stumbled upon some of our things that were stolen.  Bibles, journals, a moldy retainer (our Tyler's), inhaler's and medication were all found.  This man was nice enough to even go back and look for more items that could be ours after he talked with Warren.  When the package arrived, this note lay on top.







In that box was my Bible.  It had been ran over and is a little torn, but boy did it feel good to hold.  I smile every time I open those pages.  I will even admit that I have hugged it like a long lost friend!


The fear of the Lord is pure,
enduring forever.
The decrees of the Lord are firm,
and all of them are righteous.
They are more precious than gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the honeycomb.
Psalm 19:9-10

We also had the excitement of  Ethan's baseball team making it to the World Series!  They beat Crossett's 12 year old all-stars in Lamesa, Tx to clinch this spot as Southwest Champions.  We will all board airplanes Tuesday and head to Boston, Massachusetts.  That was definitely NOT in the summer plans. 





And Tyler passed his driver's test this past week.  Oh my!  When you look over and see your little blond hair child with your life in his hands, you are thankful our lives are in HIS hands.  Wasn't it just yesterday he was running over my feet with the plastic Today's Kids golf cart?







This past week I found myself praying to God, "I have no idea what to say."  My heart is so full of so many things now.  I am overwhelmed.  Overwhelmed by His blessings, overwhelmed with life, overwhelmed with His goodness, overwhelmed with schedules, overwhelmed by His mercy, overwhelmed with flight schedules, overwhelmed by the faith required.  Just plain overwhelmed!  It's so hard to describe!  I am sure you can relate. 


People were overwhelmed with amazement.
“He has done everything well,” they said.
“He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak.”
Mark 7:37

In my prayer journal for the past couple of weeks (which was returned by the reporter, too!), each day basically starts like this:

"God, Guide us.  I don't even know what to say."

Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
Psalm 25:5

It seems the situations in life are so much bigger than us, but not our God.  And I just don't want to miss Him, while overwhelmed.  Crazy statement, huh?  I just don't want to miss what He is up to.

The huge miracle of having my Bible returned to me in a city of 318,000 people and 65 square miles, is so much bigger than me.  I can't even wrap my mind around it.  And the note, I really can't wrap my mind around it.  It's a daily reminder how powerful God's Word is.  And how God answers prayers, wow!



Ethan's team heading to the World Series and the awesome ways God has worked in the relationships and now provisions.  It's way beyond words for me.



And that child of ours driving.  Enough said.  His grace is enough and more than I can express.



So God, guide us.
Guide us in the way that brings You glory.
Guide us in the way that brings others to You.
Guide is in the way that brings Life.
Guide us in this "overwhelmed" time.
Guide us.

May God be gracious to us and bless us
and make his face shine on us—
so that your ways may be known on earth,
your salvation among all nations.
May the peoples praise you, God;
may all the peoples praise you. 
May the nations be glad and sing for joy,
for you rule the peoples with equity
and guide the nations of the earth. 
May the peoples praise you, God;
may all the peoples praise you.
The land yields its harvest;
God, our God, blesses us. 
May God bless us still, so that all the ends of the earth will fear him.
Psalm 67

No comments:

Post a Comment